With a background in educational leadership and training as a Critical Friends Group Coach, Meeting Mechanics, and in equity and anti-racism with Courageous Conversations, Alexis is able to successfully facilitate groups through problem-solving, vision and mission workshops, curriculum planning, or in creating strategic action plans. While these trainings were focused on improving teaching and learning, the strategies utilized are easily applied across industries.
Her work in this area has included but is not limited to the following projects:
- Professionally hundreds of IEP Team meetings, Manifestation Determination Reviews, Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team meetings throughout my career with results that left all parties empowered with the knowledge of what the next steps would be, individual responsibilities, the needs and goals of the student, as well as how the plan will be implemented. Click here for more information re: Facilitated IEP meetings.
- Revisioning and mission alignment workshop for the Kent County Medical Society Alliance, 2015. Facilitated board and membership in recrafting their organizational vision and mission to be more reflective of its current community role and membership needs. This work was the first step in their rebranding.
- Facilitated curriculum development for multiple courses, such as Peer Connections (a Peer to Peer program), Academic Support, and Algebra for students with learning disabilities at Skyline High School, Ann Arbor Public Schools, 2008-2013.
- Led professional development workshops for staff on various topics – equity/anti-racism, special education law for general education teachers, accommodations/modifications in the classroom, supporting and identifying struggling learners, student advisory programs, team building, creating group/staff norms, relevant instruction, co-teaching and inclusion, and more. Chicago Public Schools, Ann Arbor Public Schools, Ypsilanti Community Schools. 2001-2014.
- Led special education department in developing a comprehensive inclusion model of delivering services for students. This began with the faciliation of the departmental vision and mission, as well as goals, data-based objectives and actionable strategies. Skyline High School, Ann Arbor Public Schools, 2008-2013.
Pricing: See Fees.